Friday, March 3, 2017

JetPack and WooCommerce

Hello, everyone! Welcome to this week's blog! So this week I worked with JetPack and a little bit of WooCommerce. JetPack as most of you should know from last week's blog acts like an add-on to the WordPress core. Developed by the WordPress team, it allows website owners to more easily manage their website through a variety of functions. There are two versions a paid and free. I did not use the paid version that comes with lots more functions, but I can speculate. Some functions that I can perform for free are stats (site visits, refers, etc.), adding social media buttons so people can share my website, publicizing where my posts are automatically uploaded to my social media, and email subscriptions to name a few. Those are the first few that came to mind, but there are many more. As for the paid version, there are tools for SEO, google analytics, and enhanced video uploading to name a few. SEO stands for search engine optimization. If you search something related to my page, and I had prime SEO, then my page would be the first to pop up on your screen. I think you can understand the benefits of that. It does come with some security benefits such as security scanning which constantly scans your website for threats and anti-spam protection.



After working with JetPack, I decided to move onto WooCommerce. WooCommerce allows the user to transform their website into an eCommerce website with all the necessary tools to monitor one. There are many plug-ins that improve WooCommerce, but that is not a concern. I am just learning what is required to create one (dealing with the security and information analytics). It does pose a problem since I have already created a website that functions like a social media website. I do not want the two to interfere with each other, so I am thinking of creating a second website utilizing WooCommerce. It should not be a problem creating another since I already dealt with the beginning processes to make one, obviously. I also want to read a lot more into the details of WooCommerce. Out of all the plug-ins I have in my arsenal, this one is the most bulky. Bulky is a sense of "there is a lot of stuff to learn". I am looking forward to this considering my parents run an eCommerce website -- well, own one. They have a team that deals with all the technicalities. They just have ownership.

I will be taking my Spring break next week along with you guys, so there will be no post next week. I hope you all will have a wonderful Spring break without too much work. If you have any tests coming up, good luck! Adam, signing off.



17 comments:

  1. Hi Adam! Are there any other plug-ins similar Jetpack that you plan on using in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam! Which plug-in have you enjoyed using and exploring the most? Have an awesome spring break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely BuddyPress by far. It was the most interesting one to explore because it's a social media plugin which is very prevalent to today's society.

      Delete
  3. Hello, Adam.

    You have so many plug-ins and add-ons; it's getting confusing. :P WooCommerce sounds very fascinating, with the tools for monitoring. What did you do during your break? See you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During my Spring Break... Nothing special. Just Netflix.

      Delete
  4. Hi Adam! WooCommerce sounds pretty cool, and so does SEO. As I was reading your post, I was also sad that the SEO only comes with the paid version, but then again, if it was free, everyone would have it. Good job and I hope you have/had a good spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adam. What are the benefits of jetpack over WooComerce and vice versa? Enjoy your Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JetPack provides more functions for the core of WordPress itself which is what my website is built on. It would be difficult to say one is better than the other because they have such a vast difference in applications, but can still be synergistic.

      Delete
  6. Hi Adam! WooComerce seems really fascinating... keep up the good work. Hope you had a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Adam, I am really excited how much progress you have made in the short time span you had. It is truly amazing. Can you give me any tips in order to be safer in the cyber world.

    Thank you, Ty Holland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on doing so in the near future, so keep being excited!

      Delete
  8. Hi Adam! IT sounds like you're learning a lot about website development. Do you prefer WooCommerce or Jetpack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WooCommerce. Personally, I find WooCommerce to have a greater purpose, since it seems to accomplish a lot more than one JetPack has to offer.

      Delete
  9. Hey Adam! Everything looks great! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete