Saturday, April 15, 2017

Finale

Hello everyone, and welcome to my last post where I work on my project's research section. The majority of this week was focused on my power point presentation which required me to finish up the rest of my research as soon as possible. All that was left for me to do was to analyze your answers to the survey and see what I can use in regards to my presentation. It is still astonishing to know that 154 people took my survey which was much more than I anticipated. I ended up having to pay money because Survey Monkey would only let me see 100 of your answers. I call it an investment for my future.

After reading through your answers on the survey, I expected most of what you said. Some questions were chosen specifically to add validity to my argument; others were chosen because I truly wanted to see what people did or thought regarding a specific topic. For example, one question that the people answered interestingly was about how to save passwords, or more specifically, what you did to store your password. The answers were pretty much evenly spread across all possible answers which gives me the perfect opportunity to answer how to best secure passwords. Of course, I'm not going to answer you right now, but in my presentation I will. Another interesting correlation I found was that time spent online does not affect one's knowledge of general computer security whether people answered that their work required them to be online all the time or very little. 

With presentations just around the corner, I find myself thinking much more about my approach to explaining my research. Going through each individual slide and organizing it concerning not only the audience's ability to follow what's on screen, but also my research's timeline put my project in a new perspective. I really was able to see how much potential my research has in terms of audience impact. There are so many ways I can explain computer security to people that making an impact will be fairly easy as long as I explain things properly. This gives me a ton of freedom when creating my slides, so I can explore and focus my time on making it enjoyable and entertaining. I don't want people to see a rushed 15 minute presentation where the audience barely has time to really think about what I'm saying. I want people to walk out actually thinking that my presentation was really cool and interesting and they will immediately change their computer habits.

Anyways, that’s it for this week guys. I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who has joined me in my journey so far and I hope to see this through to the end with you as well. As always, this is Adam signing off.


8 comments:

  1. Nice concluding post. I'm surprised the password question had multiple majority answers, not just one. Good luck presenting soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good loo presenting, hopefully I can make it to your presentation. I really enjoyed following you on this journey. Thanks a lot for the knowledge. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam, It has been so amazing to see how your project has progressed. Good luck for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on this entire project! I found this project really interesting and I like how you summed it all up here. Amazing job this year, and good luck as you continue with this and throughout college!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The conclusion of this project has left me satisfied. Thanks for the hard work on the research on cyber-security and I'm hoping the presentation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Adam. I'm glad your research and data collection were a success. I can't wait to hear what you have to say in your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Adam! I've enjoyed reading your about project in the past 10 weeks, it's insane how it's all over. Goodluck for the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Adam! It's nice to see that your project has wrapped up very nicely. Can't wait to see your presentation!

    ReplyDelete